Friday, January 7, 2011

Kitchen Basics, a continuing series

Over on the food blog I shared this morning's baked eggs, which post provides a great segue to mention Mark Bittman and his cookbook.

I love using the internet for recipes and cooking ideas, but I have repeatedly found myself grabbing this tome from the pantry.  "If you buy only one cookbook"...make it this one.  It's robust, diverse, simple...

Mark also writes the occasional column (or video) for the NY Times as "the Minimalist", and is one of the principals on the hit PBS show "Spain, on the road Again".

2 comments:

  1. How'm I gonna cook everything if I haven't even figured out how to do the baked eggs yet??

    But I will, in ~20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty forgiving...just don't dry them out!

    ReplyDelete